Surveillance Video Shows Children Shocked in Swimming Pool

Parents try to rescue children who go limp inside a pool after a faulty ground wire caused water to be charged with electricity. The people rescuing the children also get zapped by the electric current

A new surveillance video from a condominium complex in Florida shows an invisible, potentially deadly danger lurking in swimming pools. The video, shot on April 27 at the Palms West Condominiums in Hialeah, Fla., shows three children shocked while swimming in the condo community's pool.

One young girl in the video instantly goes limp after touching the metal rail in the pool's shallow end. When a man, believed to be the girl's father, goes in to save her, he is also zapped but is eventually able to pull her to safety.

In another moment, an adult drops and rolls a child out of the swimming pool, while another girl floats seemingly lifelessly in the water.

That girl, a five-year-old whose muscles were paralyzed by the surge of electricity in the pool, was eventually saved by a man believed to be her grandfather, who rushed into the water to pull her limp body out of the pool. All three of the children survived the electric shock after they each spending four nights in the hospital. (ABC News)