Foreign donations to the Clinton Foundation and now using her own private email while she is Secretary of State.
This is a pattern. Charles calls it 'Clintonian'...
The House committee investigating the 2012 terrorist attacks in Benghazi will issue new requests to Hillary Clinton for emails from multiple personal accounts she used during her tenure as secretary of state.
Chairman Trey Gowdy told reporters on Tuesday that lawyers for the Benghazi Committee would be issuing the new requests - which he didn’t rule out could come in the form of subpoenas - to Clinton and her email providers in the coming weeks.
“It was not as if she had both an official and a private email account. She did not use personal email in addition to government email. She used personal email in lieu of government email,” Gowdy said. “And she had more than one private email account.”
“The State Department cannot certify that have produced all of former Secretary Clinton’s emails because they do not have all of former Secretary Clinton’s emails nor do they control access to them,” he said.
Gen. David Petraeus is expected to plead guilty to federal charges to end a probe into whether he provided classified information to his mistress when he was CIA director, according to a U.S. official briefed on the matter.
An announcement about the proposed plea agreement could come later Tuesday.
The New York Times first reported the plea deal talks, which would effectively end the Justice Department investigation.
On September 6, 2011, just days before the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks against the United States, Petraeus was sworn in as the director of the Central Intelligence Agency. A little more than a year later, on November 9, 2012, he resigned from his CIA post, citing personal reasons.
He admitted to having an affair, and the following March apologized for that during a speech at the University of Southern California.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu plans to deliver one of the most controversial speeches to a joint session of Congress by a foreign leader ever, and Vice President Biden and a number of top Democrats won’t be attending.Read the list here...
Netanyahu is expected to criticize the White House’s negotiations on Iran's nuclear program in his March 3 speech. While Biden has cited a scheduling conflict, other Democrats are staying away from the speech to protest what they see as an attack on President Obama.
Congressional Democrats are angry that Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) invited Netanyahu to speak to Congress without first telling the White House. Obama has said he will not meet with Netanyahu during the visit because it will occur two weeks before Israeli elections are set to take place.
Democrats face a difficult decision on whether to attend the address. Many will want to show support for the White House but will be wary of snubbing the leader of an important U.S. ally.
Here is a list of the Democrats who are planning to skip the speech and those who are planning to go.
ISIS has been under attack in the last few days from Twitter, which has quietly suspended at least 2,000 accounts linked to the terror group and its supporters, according to people with knowledge of the operation.
The sites shut down include some of the most important distributors of ISIS messages in a major escalation against ISIS’s propaganda and recruitment efforts, according to J.M. Berger, a terrorism analyst who monitors ISIS online messaging.
"Twitter has been doing a whole lot over the past week. They've slammed them pretty hard, including the official media distribution guys," Berger said. He said 13 of the 16 major ISIS distribution accounts were among those shut down.
Top U.S. security officials previously said ISIS has successfully leveraged social media networks, including Twitter, as powerful recruitment tools to draw in fighters from 90 countries. But a person with knowledge of Twitter’s recent suspension spree said it was not done due to U.S. government pressure -– in fact, he said the U.S. intelligence community would prefer the accounts stay open for intelligence gathering purposes.
House Speaker John Boehner’s office said in a statement Monday that his office is receiving “ten times the number of requests for tickets than there are seats available in the gallery” for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s address to a joint meeting of Congress.
Boehner will welcome Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to the Capitol on Tuesday by giving him a bust of Winston Churchill.
According to the speaker’s office, Netanyahu and Churchill are the only foreign leaders to deliver a speech to a joint meeting of Congress on three different occasions.
Although a small contingent of Democrats, including President Obama and Vice President Joe Biden, will not be attending the joint meeting, demand for tickets to the gallery and other viewing locations in the Capitol is high. Such demand for tickets usually happens for events like the president’s State of the Union.
The speaker’s office stated, “Given the ties between America and Israel, it’s no surprise that interest in attending the speech is high"
A delegation of ministers from the new revolutionary regime in Yemen has arrived in Tehran for talks as Iran strengthens its diplomatic grip on another troubled Arab country.
The delegation was sent by the new administration in the northern half of Yemen, led by the former “Houthi” rebels, a Shia militia close to Iran’s Lebanese proxy group Hizbollah.
The Houthis drove the western- and Saudi-backed government out of the capital Sana’a in January and formally seized power earlier this month, prompting Iranian officials to boast that they now occupied “four Arab capitals” - the others being Beirut, Damascus and Baghdad.
Among the first signs of Iran’s new dominance in the country was the announcement on Sunday of 14 new direct flights a week between Sana’a and Tehran, to be run by Yemenia Airways and Iran's Mahan Air.
The triumphal Iranian move into northern Yemen, with the elected and Sunni President Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi forced to flee to Aden in the south, has opened the way to a new proxy war in the Middle East.
Some 30,000 Iraqi troops and militia backed by aircraft pounded jihadist positions in and around Tikrit on Monday in the biggest offensive yet to retake one of the Islamic State group's main strongholds.
"Security forces are advancing on three main fronts towards Tikrit, Ad-Dawr (to the south) and Al-Alam (to the north)," an army lieutenant colonel on the ground told AFP by telephone.
Iraqi forces are also "moving along side roads to prevent Daesh's escape," he said, using an Arab acronym for IS, which has controlled the hometown of executed dictator Saddam Hussein for nearly nine months.
The operation, which is one of the most ambitious undertaken by Baghdad to roll back the gains made by IS last June, began in early morning after being announced by Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi the previous evening.
The army officer said the forces involved in the battle were from the army, police, counter-terrorism units, a government-controlled volunteer group known as the Population Mobilisation units and local Sunni tribes opposed to IS.
“If I can take on 100,000 protesters, I can do the same across the world.”
“I want to like him but Scott Walker is kind of a dumb a**.”