Last week she slammed O for misidentifying the enemy of radical Islam. Today she said that it was 'mind boggling' that strategic military plans to take back the City of Mosul have been disclosed. "No excuse."
Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D-Hawaii) said Monday she was "mind-boggled" by the Pentagon's briefing last week of an upcoming military plan to retake Mosul from the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS).
Pentagon officials at a Thursday briefing gave defense reporters details about the planned operation, angering Republican Sens. John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), who said it risked the success of the mission.
"I was similarly mind-boggled and didn't understand at all how this could be part of a strategic plan in what they're talking about," Gabbard, a captain in the Hawaii Army National Guard and Iraq War veteran, said on CNN.
"That you're not only outlining the timeline — which is troubling, but you're also talking about specifically how many troops, how many brigades, where they're coming from, and what they're going to be doing," she added.
Military officials at the briefing said the offensive was planned for around April or May and would take around 20,000 to 25,000 troops, and described how Iraqi forces planned to approach the city, which ISIS seized in June.